The Google Chrome team is happy to announce the arrival of Chrome 21 to the Stable Channel for Chrome OS. More detailed updates are available on the Google Chrome Blog.
The Stable channel has been updated to 21.0.1183.0 (Platform version: 2465.127.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700, Samsung Series 5 550, Samsung Series 5, and Cr-48) and Samsung Chromebox Series 3. Machines will be receiving updates to this version over the next several days.
This build contains a number of new features, as well as security & stability improvements.
Some highlights of these changes are:
- We re-designed the App list to work alongside your browser and apps
- New Print UI - please see the blog post for more details
- You can select your own custom wallpaper
- New, offline-capable Google Docs app
- Update Adobe Flash to version 126.96.36.199
- Flash Access Support
- Seccomp Flash sandbox
- New Shill connection manager
- WiMax support in Shill
- LTE Support for modem manager
- Support Standard USB audio devices
- Support wireless (bluetooth and others) Gamepads
- Update GTalk Plug-In to version 3.3.3
- Update Netflix Plug-in to version 2.0.5
- Kernel rebased to 3.4
- Gestures: support 3-finger tap/click as middle button
- Resolved issues Samsung users were experiencing with Verizon Wireless activation
Security fixes and rewards:
Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.
- [$3133.7]  Critical CVE-2012-2864: Mesa array overflow. Credit to miaubiz.
- 141717 - 3G: Clicking 'Buy Plan' not working if Wifi disabled
- 141737 - Tab hangs when playing a Vimeo playlist in the couch mode
- 23789 - Occasionally unable to unlock SIM cards on Gobi2k
- 32643 - Cannot connect to OpenVPN from number of home networks
- 33484 - Cellular network name sometimes mis-identified
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.