Friday, July 13, 2012

Dev Channel Updates for Chromebooks

The Dev channel has been updated to 21.0.1180.41 (Platform versions: 2465.62.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700, Samsung Series 5, Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550, Samsung Chromebook Series 3, and Cr-48). This build contains a number of UI, stability & security improvements.

Highlights of these changes are:

  • Issue with Google Docs (133442)
  • Update Adobe Flash version 11.3.31.218
  • Network Fixes

Known issues:

  • 137273 Connecting to hidden networks fails when you try to connect to it for the first time
  • 31866 Unable to enable mobile data for locked SIM on y3300 and y3400 modems

If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.

Josafat Garcia
Google Chrome

4 comments:

awi said...

hello!
i'm not sure where to post this, but as a date (14.07.) it maybe should be here.

my os is windows 7 ultimate, chrome was my default browser, i think its version was 20.

today when i launched chrome, i found all of my user data were gone - settings, bookmarks, extensions etc. the screen looked like if i have just downloaded chrome - and i hadn't, it is my favorite browser and i use it for years now.

i restarted chrome but it was all the same. then i decided to reinstall it - and i found that somehow my chrome was already uninstalled and the one i have launched is another, not installed by me chrome (i know it because there was a message that the target of my shortcut was missing)! how could that happen??

then, when i reinstalled it (from google.com/chrome), chrome was installed before to be installed its installer - so i could not choose the directory and chrome was installed in C; without restoring my data.

sorry for my long comment; i'm not that familiar in such issues.

i really, really hope everything will be ok. chrome is my favorite and i would like to keep it as such.

thank you, and have a nice day!

awi said...

i don't think my version was beta; neither developer.

Unknown said...

I've gotten tons and tons of crashes since this was released on my Win8 CP machine. It seems to happen often when I click the Google Voice extension icon, but disabling that extension still crashed a few times. I created a new profile and am still seeing crashing. I'm going to finally wipe the drive and move to the Win8 RP - hopefully that helps.

tricksncracksz.com said...

i love google chrome