Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dev Channel Updates for Chromebooks

The Dev channel has been updated to 20.0.1132.7 (Platform versions: 2268.9.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700 , Samsung Series 5, and Cr-48).

This build contains a number of new features, as well as security & stability improvements. Some highlights of these changes are:

  • Update Netflix plugin to 2.0.2
  • Fix for blank pages when switching between tabs
  • Stability and security updates

Known issues:
  • 126794: Facebook.com photo uploading and Yahoo mail attachment fails
  • 126843: Flash fails to record audio

If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.

Josafat Garcia
Google Chrome

10 comments:

footstep said...

The three-finger-click is back (check about:flags).

DJ said...

CR-48 appears to run much more smoothly. Multi-page browsing is nicer.

Rob Bean said...

Does the Netflix plugin run on the Cr-48 when it's running the dev build? I always thought that either the dev switch or dev builds would disallow viewing of content on the Netflix site. I'll have to look into this.

Rob Bean said...

Netflix plugin works (sorta) running the dev build with the dev switch disabled on the Cr-48.

Matias Eduardo Reccius Puga said...

Does the netflix plugin work on win7? I needed it to work because Silverlight's GPU acceleration is so bad implemented that it stutters on my Brazos htpc, and 1080p x264 runs smoothly in mpc-hc. Thanks.

TeckyTim said...

The browser extension add on buttons do not display pop ups. Please fix this. Thanks

Don said...

I guess I'm confused here.
I have a CR-48.
I'm on Beta ChromeOS 18.0.1025.168

I saw that the Dev channel was not for CR-48s for a while... Now, the description of this one says it includes CR-48.

I can't get my CR-48 to switch to the DEV stream. I did the "About" thing and got to the dropdown, which I can set to "Dev"... but Check for Updates never sees anything new.

I did what the help stuff says to do so as to change to the Dev channel. Is the help page wrong? Is this page wrong? Is the CR-48 still not able to get back to the Dev stream? Do I need to flip the physical switch that lives under the battery?

I'm bored with beta. :-)

dub said...

So happy three-finger click is back!!!

jonyewu said...

Definitely imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to understand of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst other folks consider concerns that they just do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing with no need side effect , folks can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

dse

sharenews

sharenews bd

share news bd

Get 100% free SEO backlink generator
Get 100% free premium WordPress themes
Cancer Society
Weight Loss
weight gain
 

Timmy said...

I wish the Wi-Fi would be more stable! Otherwise, very nice!